Sunday 13 May 2012

Tall Girls: The Documentary

Depresses the hell out of me that lasses would go to such a drastic step as to have surgery to stop growing. It makes me so sad, because there is nothing wrong with it. It’s not a deformity, handicap, disfigurement, etc. Its just who you are. It makes you stand out, clothes are a bit hard to find, people say the drippiest things imaginable to you..., and a myriad of other things, but I dont think there is anything so drastic as surgery and hormone injections to stop your natural growth called for. I could understand it if you have Marfan and youre going to end up to be Sandy Allen tall, side show freak tall. Then I could see surgical intervention maybe being necessary. But being projected to be 6'3"? That is just awesome, not a cause for consternation. I know its awkward for girls especially, but I hope they can learn to accept themselves for who they are. Its okay to be tall. Please. Grow tall. There aren’t nearly enough tall women in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment