Friday 21 June 2013

S.o.t.D. - Dayvan Cowboy – Boards of Canada

Dayvan Cowboy – Boards of Canada

I think I may have featured a remix or a cover of a song I’ve posted previously, but I don’t think I’ve featured the same song twice before. But when I saw that someone had done a re-take on the original video for Dayvan Cowboy and replaced the footage of Col. Joseph Kittinger and his record setting jump, with Felix Baumgartner’s record breaking jump, I knew I had to post it. And besides - it’s Boards of Canada.

Now Baumgartner is a stud and all, and what he did is impressive as all get out, and I’m glad the technology has improved to the point that it was filmed a lot better than the 1960 jump. But for my money, Kittinger and his jump will always be the stuff of legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment