Sunday 9 June 2013

Routefinding Along the Escarpment

This is one of those “Why haven’t I done this before?” instances. When I walk on the Radial Trail along the Niagara Escarpment, I often return that way, and if I do return below the Escarpment I usually walk back along the Rail Trail, or along the shore of Cootes Paradise. Decided to see if there were any trails to be found right along the bottom of the Escarpment, right below Highway 403. Houses butt up pretty close against it, but there is still a strip of woodland and I was curious if there was a trail or path of some kind to be found in there. 
But first I was accosted by this little cutey.
 Oh boy! Rasslin’!
Birds! And that was the end of that.
Chedoke Golf Course.
Looking back at the Escarpment across the railyard.
Looking up at the Niagara Escarpment from White Chapel Cemetery.
And, as it turns out, there weren’t any trails to be found. Well, there are some trails through the woods, but not all the way at the start, where you cross over the 403 at the  Rail Trail crossing. Part of the way you can do in the forest, and part you do on city streets. Still, always good to get out for a walk, and learn a little more about my surrounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment