Sunday 25 August 2013

TheWireCutter.com

Certain items I enjoy the process of doing the research to discover which is the best. Some items I find a mental burden having to wade through all the info.

I do want to get a good quality item, no matter what it may be. Whether due to my not being made of money, not being able to afford the cost of having it fail me, or because I don’t want to contribute to the ruinous ecological cycle of obsolescence/breakage and then needing to purchase anew.

And to be honest, most electronic gadgetry falls into the latter category. I appreciate what I can do with it, but I find having to decipher specs a painful bore. I have other things I need to do, and reading up on all the minutia of it is not what I prefer to do. For some that might be their passion - it just isn’t mine.

So I appreciate that there are sources of info that allow one to determine what is good without a whole lot of tedious comparison and study. Those people who do get tingly at the thought of wading through all the info have winnowed it down for those of us who prefer to spend our time on other pursuits.

The WireCutter is one such source.

No comments:

Post a Comment