Sunday 1 March 2015

Bibliophilia: Neil Gaiman’s Murder Mysteries – Neil Gaiman & P. Craig Russell

Neil Gaiman’s Murder Mysteries – Neil Gaiman & P. Craig Russell

I think this may be the first time that a work by Neil Gaiman left me underwhelmed. It is Gaiman, and it has P. Craig Russell’s fine art work. But it just didn’t satisfy. 

Maybe I just can’t get past my dislike of angels. 

The angel Carasel is murdered, and Raguel, the “Vengeance of the Lord”, is awoken to find the murderer. And no, Lucifer wasn’t the murderer. 

The part that left me scratching my head, (oh sorry, maybe I should interject a spoiler alert warning here) is why or who apparently killed the woman Tink visited at the start of the story. I just didn’t understand what motivation there was. There didn’t appear to be any conflict between them. Did the vagrant/angel he met do it? And if so why? Probably missed something. I’m not sure it really grabbed my attention enough to want to go back later and give it another shot.

(I think this may be my most flippant book review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment