Monday 14 March 2011

S.o.t.D. – An Echo Of Night – Harold Budd & Brian Eno

An Echo Of Night – Harold Budd & Brian Eno

My favourite track off my favourite album. If going by how many thousands of times I’ve played a record is any indication of a favourite record, The Pearl by Budd & Eno wins hands down. Thousands, tens of thousands of times. I’ve worn out cassette copies of it, own it on vinyl and CD. It’s been the soundtrack to my dreams on hundreds, thousands of nights, played on endless repeat. 

Not to mention that this album, was recorded right here in Hamilton at the Lanois family’s Grant Avenue Studios. Wow. His Holiness, Brian Eno, graced Hamilton with his presence.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    You win, I did'nt count it ever but I know this album from the very first day it was released in ‘84.
    I played it always working in the ad business. Later on, my brother took a copy with him when he’s moving back to Canada in ’86. Since than it’s my starter on Sunday.

    My very favourite songs are “Late October and Their Memories.


    Kontarena

    ReplyDelete