Thursday 26 December 2013

Bibliophilia: A Game of Thrones (Volume 1): the Graphic Novel – George R. R. Martin

A Game of Thrones (Volume 1): the Graphic Novel – George R. R. Martin

I have not read the book(s), and do not own a TV, or even a DVD player. Curious what all the hoopla is about, I thought this was a relatively commitment free way to find out. I liked what I read, it’s well done, a very complex story (although I suspect it’s a “lite” version of the book) and a well developed alternate reality that totally pulls you in. And I thought the art was spectacular. Like a book version of an Iron Maiden album - swords and shields, monsters and meanies, fighting in fur capes, etc. Might read the actual book series one day. But you almost need a directory at the front - these are the hundreds of characters you will be introduced to, who will be decapitated, defenestrated, immolated, eviscerated, a few pages/chapters later. Just so you can keep them all straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment