Saturday 13 February 2010

S.o.t.D. – Soul Promenade - Omni Trio


I had just moved to the Ottawa Valley, and was trying to familiarize myself with what was on the radio dial. I had already found CBC, but wanted to see what I could pick up in the way of college radio from Ottawa and Kingston.

I came across some D&B. Some Doc Scott, LTJ Bukem, and Photek was played. All right I thought, note down when and where. The announcer came on.
“Well everyone this is it. My last show. I’m done school, and I’m moving back to London.”
Bloody hell! I just came from London. I discover your show in the last fifteen minutes of its existence. Ggrrrr.
“Okay, so I thought long and hard what my last song would be and I decided on this one. A classic tune. The Nookie remix of Soul Promenade by the great Omni Trio. Thanks to everyone for listening to my show. Bye.”
Well, kind of stinks that his show is over, but hey, what a fantastic song to pick as a last song. A classic indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment