Wednesday 19 October 2011

Foldboat

I’m big into anything collapsable, foldable, inflatable, expandable, retractable, stackable.

I even own a book devoted to the topic.

Just found out about a company called Foldboat. It’s like they took the idea behind Orikaso and took it in a larger, different direction. I’ve been aware of companies like Folbot, Klepper, and Alpacka Raft for some time. Neat to see another concept added to the list of options. Looks like this could lie flat on the bed of a pickup or floor of a van.
Cool stuff.

4 comments:

  1. I like it! I want it! Do I dare ask how much they run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. Couldn't tell you. I think it might just be a prototypish object at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Ally collapsible canoe. I own the 16.5DR, which is fantastic for down river and stable, but kind of slow on flat water.

    Link: http://www.bergans.com/products/default.asp?page=Kano&ml1=9&t=Ally%20Canoes

    Do a google image search for ally canoe and you find lots of pics in all stages of construction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m learning there are quite a few collapsible boats.

    ReplyDelete