Monday 29 October 2012

Fixing Your Feet

My pal Doctor Rich made me aware of this.

As someone who spends a lot of time walking, and hopes to spend lots of time doing lots more, I long ago realized the value of taking care of my feet.  I’ve taken the time to learn as much as I can about the subject, but I figure I can always learn a little more.

This is a great resource for any one new to the subject, or even for anyone who already has beaten their feet for years.

http://www.fixingyourfeet.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that--I will definitely have to read all the links. I, sadly, have tender feet. Years ago I entered a cross-country ski race and about half-way into the race I knew I was in trouble. Miles from the finish line I slogged on and when I finished I had my wife drive me straight to urgent care. You know it's a bad sign when you go to take your boots off and you can see your once white socks are now red with blood. *sigh* I had HUGE holes where the skin around my heel should be. The doc didn't even know how to fix me up. It was not a good couple of weeks as those wounds heeled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing you didn't try out for Ranger School.

      Well the white socks might have been part of it. I swear by a thin pair of liner socks (I swear by these: http://www.tilley.com/Fast-Drying-Tilley-Travel-Socks.aspx) and then a pair of merino wool socks over that. A more expensive option than a packet of white cotton tube socks from the dollar store, but if you walk either by choice or necessity, it's a must.

      Delete