Sunday 18 November 2012

Tip to deal with camera loss

Interesting tip I heard on the radio today for dealing with a lost camera: The first photo you take with any data card, snap a photo of a sheet of 8.5x11 paper that shows your name, address, email address and phone numbers. And then if at all possible, set it so that the photo can’t be erased. Then, if you do lose your camera and some honest person finds it, they will know who to contact. Not a fail safe guarantee against loss, but a slight safety measure anyway.

And the other thing I have to say...I don’t know how many times I’ve encountered someone who has many hundreds of photos, a year and a half worth, and they haven’t offloaded a single photo. For gawds sake people, offload those pictures often. I do it almost every day. Better to lose a few photos rather than hundreds or thousands.

No comments:

Post a Comment