Thursday 23 March 2017

Innis & Gunn Kith & Kin

I finally had a chance to go by the only LCBO in town to carry Innis & Gunn’s Kith & Kin. Yes I & G produced a limited edition stout in collaboration with Teeling’s Irish Whiskey, whose barrels they aged the stout in.

Do I need to say it? It’s unbelievably delicious.

But the funny part of it is that I got 4, and decided that since Andrew is my kith and kin, I’d drop one off for him. Stopped by the house, but since no one was home, I left it behind. Sent a quick message.
“Hi. Left you a present behind the salt bucket.”
Got a message back a minute later.
“Okay... That’s really creepy...”
“Huh? It’s creepy?”
“A turtle carcass in a plastic bag? Yeah. That’s creepy.”
“What?! No! I didn’t mean the salt bucket at the shop, I meant the salt bucket on your porch.”

Checked it out later. Sure enough, a partially decomposed, desiccated, and thoroughly revolting looking turtle carcass.

We found out later it was a “gift” from one of Os’ clients. Ugh. I’m all for skulls and horns and shells. But I think I’d rather just buy one where someone else has gone to the trouble to clean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment