Monday 2 May 2011

S.o.t.D. - Rockchester – Fats Comet



If I had to list a favourite producer, it would probably be Adrian Sherwood. There have always been certain labels I would happily buy anything from. 4AD, Factory, Ninja Tune and On-U-Sound come to mind. The first concert I went to (well, legally in a place that served alcohol anyway) was the Tackhead/Fats Comet/Mark Stewart and the Maffia/Gary Clail/On-U-Sound tour that came to RPM in Toronto. It still ranks as one of the very best live shows I’ve ever been to. 3½ hours of dubby-funky-industrial goodness, with the incredible Mr. Keith LeBlanc laying down a killer beat the whole time. From the first chord of Tackhead’s The Game to the final note - mindblowing. Stuff like Fats Comet really broadened my mind to a lot of different stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment