Wednesday 2 November 2011

CBC finally coming to Hamilton

I love the CBC, but there is no radio or TV service here in Hamilton. I listen to the CBC signal out of Toronto. While the programming is always top notch, and what I start my day with, Metro Morning, in particular, it is weird that I know more about what goes on in Toronto, than I do the very city I live in. I could listen to a radio station here in town, but to say that it is all dross is an understatement. Classic rock, light easy rock, new country, mindless pop music, sports/talk radio - ugghhhh....no thanks. CBC is an eclectic blend of things - the talk is intelligent and the music is eclectic. 

It appears the Ceebs is finally coming to my part of Ontario. It may only be a digital station - not sure what that all entails - but I’ll take what I can get.

Yippee!

Doubly nice, given that they are 75 years old today, this very day.

http://cbc-radiocanada.ca/newsreleases/20111101.shtml

According to some more info in the Spectator, it will largely just be a website. Hhhmmmhhh. Not as thrilling as a version of Metro Morning or Here & Now for the Hammer, but still...it’s a start in the right direction.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/618356--cbc-to-start-online-service-in-hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment