Friday 18 November 2011

Hitchcraft – My First Victorinox

I mentioned a little while back that I got my nephew a Swiss Army Knife. He hasn’t lost it yet, cut himself or done anything to have me or his parents freak out and take it away from him, so I figure he’s doing something right.

Being quite the charming negotiator, he casually mentioned that he sure liked my little lanyards and fobs and the like. 
“Are you trying to tell me something.”
“Well, I was thinking that my Swiss Army Knife would look cool if it had one of those.”
“Sure buddy, I can bring you some cord and you can knock yourself out.”
“I don’t really know how to do that though. I was hoping that maybe you could make me one.” Big smile.

*sigh*

Sitting around waiting one afternoon, I pulled out some yellowy/orangey mason line (kinda crappy, but till I find a better quality orange cord, it will have to do), and some clasps and made him something.
Simple Cobra Knot.
His first Victorinox, a My First Victorinox.

This way he can clip it to his belt loop, to a D-ring inside his pack, he can make a wrist loop out of it.

As always, it’s an enjoyable, meditative act to sit and braid one of these. Just nice to do something that requires my fingers to move dexterously.

No comments:

Post a Comment