Thursday 3 November 2011

Swiss Bunkers

I like camouflage of all sorts and dig that the Swiss are neutral, but are perfectly capable of decimating anyone foolish enough to invade them. To me that is what militaries should be about - defense against invasion.

I could go on about how cool I think their reserve bicycle mounted infantry were, but for now I’ll show these examples of bunkers that stand guard over their land. 

http://www.polarinertia.com/july06/bunker01.htm 

That whole magazine is interesting. Scroll from the / after com forward, delete and hit enter.

2 comments:

  1. Thats interesting link, thanks. I like to drool over pictures of different battle stations and other military junk. Those have been made pretty clever way, those house-looking small forts and all. We have some similar stuff here on coastal islands. Theres still few wwII perioid defence posts, especially huge artillery pieces, like 300mm land-to-sea guns, hidden inside small wooden huts, that look like your average fisherma cabins etc.

    I wonder, if theres windows painted inside the concrete structures too:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I hope they made them somewhat homey inside. “At least vee vill make you cozey before zee germans blow up your bunker ven zey invade."

    Yeah I guess you guys learned the lesson and hopefully retained the lesson, when the Russians invaded. Be prepared to defend yourself. I too come from a land that wanted to remain neutral but a psychotic next door to us would have no part of that. At least you guys managed to fight them to a standstill. We merely got run over and assraped for five years.

    My dad took me into some old German bunkers when I was a kid. Nothing left in them.

    You might appreciate this. Guy on Jersey, discovered a German bunker hidden in his backyard.
    http://gardenbunker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete