Wednesday 2 November 2011

S.o.t.D. - The Game – Tackhead

The Game – Tackhead
The Game (instrumental version) – Tackhead 

Mentioned Keith LeBlanc yesterday. Lots of stuff on On-U-Sound completely rocked my world back in the mid-80s, but this one in particular was so eargasmically good. The first concert I went to in a licensed venue, was the Tackhead/Fats Comet/Mark Stewart and the Maffia/Gary Clail/On-U-Sound tour that came to RPM in Toronto. It still ranks as one of the very best live shows I’ve ever been to. Awe inspiring concert from start to finish. The first note was that opening guitar riff from The Game. 3½ hours later, Keith LeBlanc drumming the entire show, everyone was spent. Easily my favourite drummer ever. What I wouldn’t give to relive that concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment