Tuesday 12 June 2012

Maninjau Travel Poster

Going through a bunch of USB keys, I ran across this poster I did recently while in school. Had to do a travel poster for an assignment. Didn’t want to spend too much time on it, but had some fun with it any way. Decided to run a few photos through LiveTrace and combine some elements. I’ve never been a fan of any of the auto trace features in illustration programs – they never prodce results I consider satisfactory. Whether it be Adobe’s Streamline or Illustrator’s LiveTrace, the results are always the random results of a computer algorithm. They’re better than they used to be, but still leave me underwhelmed. If this had been an actual paying gig I would have lavished far more attention on it, but this was fine to demonstrate a concept.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I'd go there if I had the money...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite place in Indonesia. Extinct volcanic lake, 17 kms long, 8 kms wide. Temps are great, and watching clouds coming in over the top of the caldera as you swim in the lake is incredible. The only bummer is you go up, I think it's 43, hairpin turns and down 44 hairpin turns. In a bus filled with guys all smoking clove cigarettes. I have a pretty iron clad stomach and I was ready to vomit by the end of that.

      Delete