Going through a bunch of USB keys, I ran across this poster I did recently while in school. Had to do a travel poster for an assignment. Didn’t want to spend too much time on it, but had some fun with it any way. Decided to run a few photos through LiveTrace and combine some elements. I’ve never been a fan of any of the auto trace features in illustration programs – they never prodce results I consider satisfactory. Whether it be Adobe’s Streamline or Illustrator’s LiveTrace, the results are always the random results of a computer algorithm. They’re better than they used to be, but still leave me underwhelmed. If this had been an actual paying gig I would have lavished far more attention on it, but this was fine to demonstrate a concept.