Monday 3 September 2012

S.o.t.D. - Belief (Mashed Mix) – Addiction

Belief (Mashed Mix) – Addiction

About a dozen years back I got a few CD compilations, devoted to a few different genres, usually several CD’s, put out by a company called Beechwood. I would find them used or in the remainder bin, so, a good price in other words. I didn’t realize it at first, but they would have a couple of known names, really good acts, and then a few acts I had never heard of before. The unknown acts were total filler. They would get a producer or two, that would make generic, by the numbers, cookie cutter tracks, give them some banal names, to fill out the handful of legitimate tracks.

This track was on one of those comps. It was an entirely unknown act (to me anyway), and if it was a filler track, it was actually really damn good. (Although the version here cuts out before the really great later half comes in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment