Saturday 5 September 2009

Small Tool Pouch

While I have all sorts of tools, and while they come in very handy for a variety of tasks, I obviously can’t carry them around with me all the time. But I still like having some tools on me sometimes. I always have my Leatherman Wave on me, but it only goes so far. So I set out on a quest for some tools that weren’t much longer than 15 or 20 cm and could fit in a Maxpedition Cocoon.
I added some bungee cord and a cord lock to it, to eliminate the jingle jangle of tools rattling around inside it.
Of course, I had to add a sinnet to replace the zipper pull. In this instance a square sinnet done with two shade of orange.
Tools include a precision oiler pen, Veritas Flat Bob (although not so surprisingly, the plastic windlass is not up to the challenge of being battered by metal tools), modified pry bar (the L cut off and ground down), Japanese nail set (nail set, punch, drift pin, tack hammer, or even a small anvil for straightening nails), Veritas carpenter’s gauge (ruler, compass, marking gauge), card level, (small ruler and level)  pocket wrench (wrench, small ruler, pry bar or a handle for hex bits)
I found that the Rig’mups mates nicely along the back, the PALS webbing on both allowing them to be joined together. A pair of forceps is another handy tool and also slips into the PALS webbing.

While not in any way a comprehensive tool kit, and while I don’t carry it around all the time, it has proven very useful at times.
Any suggestions for any other small and or multi-purpose tools would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment