Thursday 5 November 2009

Sosoetry – Carry & Terry Marry

So every once in a while I get into a highly creative mood and write an amusing little poem about a friend. All this kookiness started one day when I was still living in Aylmer. One of the people I worked with, Carrie, a sweet but sassy Mennonite girl, told me she was getting married. Carrie was going to marry Terry. This I found rather amusing, and over my lunch break I wrote this:

Carrie & Terry Marry


There once was a girl named Carrie

Who thought most things in life were scary
Then one day she met a boy named Terry
He offered to buy her a soda float topped with a maraschino cherry
She didn’t think a courtship with this fellow was too hairy
He was so taken by her beauty and charm; he said “let us marry”
Her maid of honour was her friend Mary
His best man was his buddy Harry
Their wedding cake was light and airy
Her dress made her look as pretty as a fairy
Now in good conscience they could make merry
They lived in a cute little house in Port Parry
Terry got a job as the captain of the ferry
Carrie worked in a store selling sherry
“A child to term I wish to carry”
They gave it the appellation Barry
The next kid was named Gary
Not breaking with tradition, #3 was called Jerry
Of having children she was growing wary
But they had another who they titled Perry
“Come children, let us not tarry
We don’t want to miss the sermon by Pastor Larry
‘How not to be contrary’ ”

No comments:

Post a Comment