Friday 13 November 2009

A plane I’d love to have.

Went to Remembrance Day ceremonies yesterday. About the only time of year that I get a bit emotional. 

While hurrying to get there I heard that unmistakable sound of four Rolls-Royce Merlin engines, as well as some others. A B-25 Mitchell came roaring over, followed by a Lancaster and accompanied by a C-130 Hercules, all of them quite low. I didn’t get my camera out in time to get any pictures of that awesome sight, but off in the distance I could see, but more distinctly, hear the snarl of three Harvards, with a PBY Canso bringing up the rear. Always thought it and its close cousin, the Catalina, were such cool planes. If I had the opportunity to get any plane, I think that would be it
. Cover huge distances and land on either land or water. Talk about an adventure vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment