Friday 6 November 2009

Hammock – Killarney

The hammock and tarp encased in the SnakeSkins. I end up pulling both quite a bit tighter. There tends to be a bit of tying and retying before it’s set up correctly.
Closeup of the SnakeSkins. They part in the centre and slide back to the ends to reveal the tarp and hammock.
I always spread a MEC TARN footprint beneath the hammock. Provides me with a dry place to put my stuff and sit down.
My hammock on the right and Jay’s on the left. He has the smaller diamond shaped tarp that comes stock with the HH, whereas I opted for the larger tarp. Heavier of course, but actually makes for a very liveable space underneath. I’ve had four people beneath it for dinner, aperitifs and card games. It’s also a handy place to hang your wetsuit after a swim.
I tend to do a lot of stealth camping, where everything tends to be very contained. It was nice to be able to have everything strewn about as I set up. It all gets repacked, put in a contractor grade garbage bag and stowed under the hammock.
The Inner Space Craft.
Hidden Hammock.
Jay’s Hennessy Hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment