Wednesday 4 November 2009

6° of Geardo

One of the gear forums I go to, I listed my location as being “Niagara Escarpment”. Suitably vague. It runs right through southern Ontario.
I got a PM from a member, who asked me where I was.
“I’m from St. Catharines originally,” he told me.
I told him I was in Hamilton, and mentioned some of the major landmarks around me.
”Hey that’s weird. I’m in Hamilton as well, and it sounds as though we’re right near each other.”
I asked where he was and it turned out he was about a three minute walk from where I am.

He was a designer for Pacific Safety Products, and responsible for some awesome gear for JTF-2.

We’ve become pals in the interim. although sadly he moved to Toronto, not too long afterwards. Bugger.

1 comment:

  1. Thomas,

    I was looking online for Gerard Unger and came across your site. Hey man, how are you?

    Long time...., hope that you are well.

    Stay in touch!

    Paul Sych

    http://www.faith.ca/

    ReplyDelete