Tuesday 3 November 2009

Typeface Design – Bass Bin

I did this back in 97.

I can’t even remember much about how this came about. I know it was a bit of goofing around with Adam Roe’s Blind Date, taking a few bits from it and playing around with them to work out lettering for a logo. Beyond that I don’t recall much about it. I don’t know that I think much of it, it’s all right, it’s a workable typeface, but nothing that exciting. But it ended up becoming at least 26 completed letters, 10 numbers and some analphabetic characters. Guess it was worthwhile enough to get to that point, but not enough to work out any lower case letters.

The remixes came about from a brain storming session for a project where the idea was expressed to have lettering that was connected. So I got cracking on the idea of a typeface that connected with little serif like bars at the tops and the bottoms. So Bass Bin ended up being the starting point, and  Low End, Mid Range, High End and Stacked ended up being the remixes.

And then they never ended up being used in that project anyway. Wee-wah.

No comments:

Post a Comment