Thursday 15 April 2010

Wondrous Weekend Wander


The weather was far too nice for me to sit inside this past weekend, so I grabbed my pack and followed my nose. I didn’t have any firm plans in mind, but I wandered along the ridge and ended up down in the Grindstone Creek area.
Hawk circling overhead as I strolled through the cemetery.
Carroll’s Point.
Willow starting to bloom.
Blackbird Marsh and Osprey Marsh.
I wonder if it’s even physically possible for a chickadee to hold still for more than a second?
From there I wandered over to Carroll’s Point.
My place on the left, just to the right of those apartment buildings.
Mother goose giving me the evil eye.
Hamilton.

After spending a few hours happily taking in the sights and sounds, I considered myself very fortunate to see a bald eagle working its magic.
I’ve already shown these two pictures, but I think they’re so cool, I’ll show them again. :-)
Willow Point.
I explored along the shore until the light started to fade, clambered back up the cliff, wandered around in the cemetery for a while, sat atop the cliff looking out across the Bay, then walked home.

The next day, glorious once more, and still not having any desire to sit inside, I went back. I suppose I hoped to see that eagle again.
My destination once more.
Burlington Bay from atop the cliff in the cemetery.
The Hammer.
That dark spot in the center, the eagle swooped down from the trees there.
Poplars.
A pair of kayakers exploring the shoreline. I hoped they would come around to my side so I could say hi and have a chat, but they never did.
A vulture soaring through the air above me. They’re not pretty up close, but they sure look amazing in flight.
Steeltown.

Good times. While I had stuff I needed to get done at home, going for a stroll, goofing around on a beach, taking photos, exploring, and enjoying the show nature puts on are important too.

No comments:

Post a Comment