Saturday 3 April 2010

Oxycontin addicts are sketchy

I helped out in the tattoo shop a few days ago and a middle aged guy comes in right before we’re about to close.
“Hi can I help you?”
“I’m here for Darren.” He sits down
Okay. One guy still being tattooed. Sure, whatever, it’s his dad coming to pick him up.
A few seconds later, I see those weird mannerisms Oxycontin addicts have, don’t know how to describe it, and he’s nodding off....
Yolanda sees it too.
“Who are you here to see?”
“Russell.” (?!) He moves to another chair.
She goes and asks the guy being tattooed. His name is Joey.
“Whoever you’re here for isn’t here. You need to leave.”
He tries to walk past her, and I move towards them, sorta, kinda, really hoping I get to bounce him. But Yolanda handled it like a champ.
“My friend left her keys here.”
“No one left any keys here. You need to go.”
“I forgot my stuff when I was here earlier.”
“You weren’t here earlier. I’ve asked you nicely to go, I won’t ask you nicely again. Leave.”
I see the guy is walking around in his socks as he walks out.

What an existence. Randomly wandering around in your socks, wandering into random businesses to just, sit down, and then come up with random weird excuses as to why you’re there.

Freaky thing is that probably for all the people who take Oxycontin for no good reason and end up like that, there are probably just as many who took it for a legitimate reason – got plowed into by a drunk driver, etc. – and ended up like that.
But thankfully pot is still illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment