Sunday 18 April 2010

Hammock Hang

Went for a hike and went into the forest to hang out for the night. Nothing particularly scenic to look at, but a nice, quiet spot. Some might think badly of me going into a forest and pitching a hammock if it’s not really an “official” camping spot. I don’t really know who owns the land. Don’t really know what they might think of me doing it. I get if they object to a bunch of drunken teenagers having a loud bash on their land, smashing bottles, setting fires, etc. My hammock leaves no marks, I’m not damaging any plants, I’m not hacking down trees, I’m not starting fires, I’m not making any noise, I take out all my garbage, I’ve never stayed in the same place twice, the muted colours of all my stuff means I doubt anyone could see me unless they walked right into my site, and five minutes after leaving, anyone other than a really experienced tracker would be hard pressed to know I’d been there. Maybe that makes me a scofflaw, maybe I’m justifying trespassing, but doing this doesn’t gnaw at my conscience. *shrugs* 
Other than the first photo, most of these were taken about 15 to 20 paces away. Not easy to spot at all.
The view around my hammock.
The view above my hammock.
Making dinner. Quiet, no smell, no damage caused to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment