Saturday 18 December 2010

Battery Pouch

In conjunction with the SteriPen Pouch, I made a small pouch to hold a spare set of batteries for it.

Just like I wanted to keep the SteriPen with a water bottle, I also wanted to keep some batteries with the SteriPen.
Now ordinarily I’m not a big fan of Velcro. Too noisy, too prone to wearing out with use, too prone to failing when it gets clogged with snow or forest debris. But this was an instance when I reckoned it would work. The SteriPen itself I pull out numerous times in a day. A half dozen times a day is not uncommon. The batteries however would be accessed very infrequently. Once every few months. Also the place where I knew this was going to go meant that it wouldn’t be as subject to getting clogged up with forest floor crud.
Once again, CLASP on the back. It always looks like crap, but it works fine.
An Advantix film canister works perfectly for holding two CR-123 batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment