Wednesday 28 September 2011

Type Design - Alpenjager

A typeface I’ve been working on for a long time. Well, long in terms of years between spurts of effort, but it’s just plain taken me a long time. I started this back in 96, because I wanted something to set a resume in. Kookoo for cocoa puffs I know. Sure there were lots of other typefaces I could use, but given that I design typefaces, I figured I should try my hand at tackling something of my own. I had ambitions to do some narrow widths in addition to regular widths as well as italics. Yeah.....maybe one day.

Now that it is more or less done, I want to change quite a bit of it. I have ideas to redraw many of the characters, and add lots of little features to distinguish it. I think only real type dorks could point out all the things that distinguish it from Frutiger, Univers, etc. But it was fun for me to do and as always, I learn a lot from doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment