Thursday 25 August 2011

Grey Day Foray

Got up early on a recent sunday morning, and went for a wander. Not far, not anywhere I haven’t been before, but just nice to get out when it was cool and quiet, and just walk for a while.
Yeah goose, you’d best be scurrying along.
Not sure what kind of spider this is.
“Merganser patrol to base. Live tree sighted. Preparing to drop a load of our toxic guano bombs to destroy the target.”
And speaking of an even more destructive species, loads of little pieces of plastic on the shore of Cootes Paradise.
Boat on Burlington Bay with Burlington behind it.

4 comments:

  1. Nice photos. To my untrained eye...that looks kind of like a 'Hobo' spider. I'm not too fond of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's a Hobo Spider. They're bigger than this little guy, and Hobos only reside in the Pacific NorthWest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have them out in the East? You are a lucky man. I got bit/stung by a Hobo in 1996 and lost a cone-shaped chunk out of my calf the size of an American 50-cent piece. *shudder* As I said earlier...I'm not too fond of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what I know of them, they're only in Washington/Idaho/Oregon.

    But here we have ticks and Lyme disease, so I guess it evens out.

    I'm not one of those people who shrieks hysterically about a tiny spider up in the corner of the ceiling, but I do have a healthy regard for them. Knowing the damage they can cause, and all.

    ReplyDelete