Monday 22 August 2011

The career I should have gone for.

Seriously, if I had this job I would be the most serene guy on Earth. 

“Hey Mr. Lama, c’mere and lemme teach you a thing or two about inner peace an’ all that jazz.”

Okay, I’m actually a pretty chilled out guy, but if I had any sense I would have pursued what I wanted to do when I was a kid. Operate an excavator. While digging holes in the ground would be fun as hell, having one with a huge boom arm and an articulated grabber on the end would be super fun as hell. Ripping chunks of building off and lifting girders with ease. Hello! I’d have the biggest smile on my face, and not be stressed out about anything. And probably have my house paid off, nice car, yadda, yadda.

The old Federal Building here in town in being torn down, to be replaced by a hotel. (I’ll try to refrain from making any snide comments about the developer doing it.)
Punch!
Bash! There goes the window.
Crash!
Smash! Some bricks go plummeting down.
Rip! There goes a girder.
Tear!

No comments:

Post a Comment