Thursday 28 April 2011

S.o.t.D. – The Memory – Steve Roach


I’ve found some Steve Roach CDs at the library, the Immersion series, and I love them. Several CDs with 70 minute long drone soundscapes. Fantastic stuff. I’ll often sign CDs out of the biblio, listen to them a few times, discover some new stuff, and return them. These ones I hang on to for quite a while, often renewing them. Great background music on endless repeat. Creates a soundscape that isn’t distracting.

Trying to discover more of his stuff, and hit on this one. I can’t even describe how much I like this. Just gorgeous.

I think....I can’t believe I’m saying this....I think....I might....oh god this feels like heresy.....I think Steve Roach might be....supplanting Brian Eno as my favourite ambient artist. Gasp!

No comments:

Post a Comment