Wednesday 27 April 2011

Lego – Stingray

This past Saturday I had babysitting duties and we spent the time building stuff out of Lego. I showed what my young charge made, and this is what I made.

Sometimes I have a clearly defined idea of what I want to make, and I visualize it all in my head and other times I just sit down with only the vaguest of notions, grab a few parts that appeal, and make a simple little thing. This was the case here. 

It’s been a while since I’ve made anything out of Lego, and the mental exercise part of it, the riffing on an idea, was really enjoyable. And hanging out with my little buddy, talking and laughing was just a cherry on top.

Nothing that special, not the best thing I’ve ever made, but an hour spent building something from Lego is an hour well spent in my books.

I called it...the Stingray. ’cause it’s grey and squat and kinda flat and it has a stinger in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment