Tuesday 26 April 2011

GSI N-Case 840 Follow-up

For my birthday last year I received a new camera, and found that it fit perfectly in the GSI N-Case 840 I had received for Christmas a half year before.

So I have been using this case for about 9, 10 months now. Admittedly I open and close it a lot. I don’t think dozens of times a day is an exaggeration.

Two days ago I noticed that the latch didn’t close with the satisfying click it once did. I looked and there was a big crack running along it.
So, the stress of being closed and opened a few thousand times seems to be all it took to do it in.

Rats! That case perfect for the camera.

I wondered whether it required a harder plastic or a metal latch perhaps?

GSI got in touch with me and it seems they’ve  already improved the latch, with a stronger, fibreglass impregnated plastic. They’re sending me a new one and want me to test some other things out for them.

Excellent! That’s what I like to see. Constant upgrading and development and responsive customer service. Thanks GSI.

So I will once again happily recommend this product.

I realize that stuff breaks, but companies that constantly strive to make their products better and are committed to their customers, are good to go in my books.

1 comment:

  1. Finally, a review for this case! The N-case is for sale everywhere online, but nobody has anything to say about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete