Wednesday 14 October 2009

6° of Australia

Every once in a while I think of a song I haven’t heard in years, and type it into Youtube to see what comes up.

One time Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen popped into my head. I type it in, there are some official videos, and some covers. Down a ways is a cover, and I don’t for the life of me know what caused me to click on it. Young girl, with an acoustic guitar, doing a cover. Great voice. I look in the little description, which is in Spanish. Blah, blah, Emma Russack, blah, blah, Australia, blah, blah. Look at her more intently. Same nose, same mouth, eyes, hair. She essentially looks like she could be her younger sister. She can definitely sing. Okay, that’s weird.


Google her name, turns out she has a MySpace page. Go over there and write her a note. “This is likely a really odd question, but do you by any chance have an aunt called Kathryn, and one called Allanah?” I explain how I know them.


She writes me back and says “Yes! I’m Robert, the oldest Russack boy’s oldest daughter.”


One of those very cool, yet totally freaky instances. I randomly click on a video and discover my ex-girlfriend’s niece. She definitely has the Russack genes. And it would appear that the ability to sing runs in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment