Friday 2 October 2009

TT Frag Pouch Modification

One of the forums I frequent has an ongoing thread about the three best pieces of gear you’ve bought in the last five years. Two things keep popping up: Leatherman Wave and Petzl Tikka. I have both, and couldn’t agree more.

The headlamp in particular is so handy I couldn’t imagine being without it. I have two, one being a Tikka (which I carry in this pouch), and the other being a TacTikka XP (which needs to win an award just on the basis of a clever name).

I had a Tactical Tailor Frag Pouch, and found that it fits inside it perfectly.
Like most everything else from Tactical Tailor, it’s not particularly polished but it’s well made.
The one thing I wanted though was to be able to keep batteries with the headlamp itself. Keeping them loose in the pouch though might mean them flying out when removing the headlamp.
What I ended up doing was sewing two small pockets down the sides, each one able to hold a small zip lock bag containing 3 AAA batteries.
Using two pieces of 2" webbing, it was a bit tricky to get them sewn in, but it worked.
It’s not pretty, but it works, and quite well. The batteries are held in quite snug, and I don’t worry that I’ll lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment