Tuesday 20 October 2009

Cootes Paradise – South Shore

Went for a quick hike on Sunday along the south shore of Cootes Paradise, the side I don’t frequent as often. It had actually been quite a while since I last visited this side.

Despite the highway being so close to it, it’s actually a fairly quiet spot. I can hear the traffic, but I can tune it out. I really like the fact that I live so close to it. Just a nice place to get away from it all for a bit. And as I’ve come to expect and appreciate, I saw a grand total of three people in the same number of hours. Crisp, clear, autumn day.
Cutting through the cemetery on the way there. The Niagara Escarpment in the distance.
A glimpse of the north shore.
Cockpit Island.
Tip of Sassafrass Point.
Sassafrass Point and Cockpit Island.
North shore from the south shore.
Kingfisher Point and some driftwood.
Kingfisher Point.
And a view from the cemetery on the way back.
Loved the way the Escarpment seemed to almost shimmer through the trees. Beautiful ending to a nice walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment