Sunday 27 February 2011

Bibliophilia: Daemon & Freedom™ by Daniel Suarez

I read a LOT of books, lots of thrillers, and it’s rare for me to find one that I don’t enjoy.
But these two books I LOVED!

I tore through Daemon and then Freedom in two successive nights. I can’t recall a novel or novels in recent memory which gripped me that much, where I found the characters that engrossing, where I was both filled with utter dread and then a growing sense of wishing that this could happen for real.

Great stuff! Some of the high end computer stuff went over my head, but at no point did it bog down into techno jargon. It helped build up the story, but the plot and characters drove it all the way. 


First time I’ve ever felt compelled to write an author and tell him how much I enjoyed their work.

http://www.thedaemon.com/

2 comments:

  1. Can't agree more. Best books I have "read" in years... got the audio versions and coudnt take the headphones off. Absolutely spectacular. Its almost as if its written just for a movie to be made out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they are very “visual” books, and really would make an awesome movie.

    But I’m fairly certain Hollywood is probably working on some more remakes of remakes and giving some hohum 70s TV shows another kick at the can.

    ReplyDelete