Wednesday 23 February 2011

Sosoetry - LakeFlake

I went on a canoe trip years ago that one of the participants insisted on bringing his girlfriend to. Several of us objected, but somehow or other we were over ridden. I love canoeing more than many things, but this trip....well...how to put this....she made it suck. I just don’t even know where to start. How about I let the rhyming couplets I jotted down as a bit of therapy after the fact do the talking.

is that a mosquito whining
or someone fretting about dining
why waste all that time cooking
when you could be atop a hill looking
I’d much sooner explore a hunch
than worry what to eat for lunch
I’d rather be out on the lake
than humouring a flake
the food isn’t even that delicious
and I can’t be bothered with dishes
I don’t mind if you’re a hippy
I do object to you being dippy
certain tasks must be done
before you can have fun
the unpredictability of the weather
means you must have your act together
you have trouble lifting your pack
and lose your way on a marked track
people lacking common sense
tend to make me very tense
I think I’m really quite convivial
just don’t annoy me with the trivial
I like someone who hustles
and can use their muscles
this is no place for the anal retentive
only those who are attentive
you need to have a clue
to go tripping in a canoe
I want to be out with paddlers
not meandering dilly daddlers
I think I’ll pack my ruck
I want to flee this clusterfuck

No comments:

Post a Comment