Sunday 27 February 2011

Hawk

I left the tattoo shop and about a block away I heard a screeching sound so I looked up. I saw what appeared to be a falcon being chased by a big hawk, which then seemed to give up the chase and settle in a tree. Like it was too slow to catch up, so it saved its energy for something else. I could be entirely wrong of course, but I suspect that it wouldn’t be past a hawk to kill a falcon if it could. I doubt there is that much honour amongst raptors, or some sort of noble bond between hunters of the sky.
“Hey! Dinner. Bit more of a challenge this time.”
Wolves have no compunction about killing coyotes, so why would it really be any different amongst birds of prey.
Didn’t get any spectacular pictures of it, since I only have a hohum camera. Just cool to see it that big right in the city.
I walked underneath it to snap some photos of the other side. Right as I did it took off, so I missed my chance to photograph it in flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment