Monday 10 January 2011

Height Differentials

I recently saw a chart that showed the height differential between average sized males, and what are considered taller than average males. Then I had someone measure me.

*sigh*

Back of Calf to Back of Buttock (sitting)
50th Percentile Height Male - 18"
95th Percentile Height Male - 19.9"
Me - 23"

Floor to Top of Knee (sitting)
50th Percentile Height Male - 21.9"
95th Percentile Height Male - 24.1"
Me - 25"

Elbow to Fingertip
50th Percentile Height Male - 18.1"
95th Percentile Height Male - 20.1"
Me - 21"

Shoulder to Fingertip
50th Percentile Height Male - 27.8"
95th Percentile Height Male - 30.4"
Me - 33.5"

Seat to Head (sitting)
50th Percentile Height Male - 34.6"
95th Percentile Height Male - 37.8"
Me - 43"

Standing Height
50th Percentile Height Male - 67.6"
95th Percentile Height Male - 74"
Me - 79"

Arm Span
50th Percentile Height Male - 68.6"
95th Percentile Height Male - 75.6"
Me - 80"

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My buddy’s kid is really into Spiderman, and he asked me who I would be if I could be a superhero.

      (And this was of course said in my best TV announcer voice) “Why, I’m none other than TallMan!! Capable of reaching things on the top shelf! Able to run very fast because of my long strides! Able to see over the heads of any crowd!”

      “No really Uncle Thomas! TallMan isn’t a real superhero.”

      Delete
  2. Hey! at least your arm span is nearly the same as your height, which means (although tall - 6'7"?) you are well proportioned, and don't look like an orangutan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I’m fairly well proportioned, but I still look like an ape in most shirts. Pants aren’t too bad, but shirts are what I have a hard time with.

      Delete