Tuesday 4 January 2011

Modified TT Frag Pouch Modification

I had a Tactical Tailor frag pouch that I modified for the purposes of carrying my Petzl TacTikka. It was good, but I decided to tweak it a little further. The pouch was sized to hold a frag, and as such left a lot of room between the top of the pouch portion and the flap. I opted to shorten the flap, replace the PALS with CLASP and in general make it a tighter, smaller package. Modify the modification. Version 2.
The pouch as it was before I went at it.
I took the PALS off the back, and the strap and buckle off the flap...
...as well as the strap and buckle off the bottom...
...and also a strip of webbing along the back that was meant to hold the spoon from the grenade in place.
Taking the PALS off the back opened up the whole seam, so I opted to remove the webbing I had put in originally for the battery slots...
...and replace them. Considerably easier this way, with the room to move the needle around.
 The PALS was to be replaced with CLASP (Cord Lattice Attachment System Pattern). Here you can see I unstitched the seam tape around the flap...
...and here the flap cut back a ways.
The next step was cutting the seam tape and then sewing it back in place.
And here it is completed. Not a massive change from what it was, but a bit lighter and tighter.
The bottom drain hole covered up with the buckle strap. Something I’m doing with everything now. Still allows the water out, but prevents all kinds of dust and sand and crud from getting in.
No more 1" gap.
As usual, I can’t for love or money get the CLASP to go on perfectly spaced and straight. I console myself with the knowledge that it won’t be visible when it’s mounted and it is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment