Thursday 6 January 2011

Modified Spec-Ops Brand Suspenders

I don’t wear suspenders often, but there are times when they come in handy. Especially when a bunch of stuff (ie weight) is attached to the belt. I’m not a fan of suspenders that attach in the front and the back. Having to detach and re-attach them when visiting the fortress of solitude is a total pain in the ass. I got these Combat Suspenders from Spec-Ops Brand. Like them a lot, and the fact that they attach at the sides does away with the nuisance factor of old style suspenders. One aspect I didn’t like though.
The loop is attached to the suspenders themselves. When I undid them to drop trou, they would snag on the belt, and then yank loose, necessitating trying to weave them back behind the belt when pulling the pants back up. It struck me as a bit of a design flaw, so I decided to alter them so that the loop and the suspenders became separate items.
Cut the loop loose.
This way, when it’s time to fertilize the ferns, I unclip, and when done, simply clip back in. Much better this way I think.

1 comment: