Monday 3 January 2011

Holster’mups

My nephew is really into his Nerf guns. He got this set of Nerf Strikefire guns a while back, and I decided that I’d make him a holster for one of them as a Yule gift. (Gotta have a back up to the carbine.)
I ended up working off little more than a rough trace of it, since I didn’t want him to know what I was up to. Not optimal trying to make it without the actual item, consequently the fit is a bit looser than I would have liked, but it does fit, and that is ultimately what matters.
 Front, with loops for 6 backup darts.
Back, with PALS webbing and MALICE Clips.
I used some old 1050Denier ballistic nylon that I had gotten by taking apart an old pack, and as I manipulated and sewed it, all the waterproof coating started to flake off. After giving it to him I realized that I will have to add some very slick material into the bottom since the little Velcro crosses on the front of the darts stick to the material and pull them out of the barrel and the holder.
Sorry about the abysmal quality of the last two pictures, but I’ll get some better ones up soon.

Fun little project to do, and sewn by hand. If I had more time I’d redo it, but I’m sure he’ll have a blast running around with it. I’m also planning to make him a chest rig for his Nerf Recon CS-6, and he can use this holster in conjunction with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment