Monday 14 November 2011

Type Design - Cosmodrome Serif Micromum

Another weight a good portion of the way done. Lots of kerning, etc., still to be done. And a big part of this is trying it out, printing it out at various sizes, those sorts of things. That will reveal flaws, inconsistencies, etc. For the most part all I see are individual characters in their cell. Sure, I can set a little “The Quick Brown Fox....” in FontLab Studio but I don’t have a huge monitor so I’m limited as to how large I can view it. Nor is it that easy to set different text. Turning it into an actual font and being able to easily see multiple characters combined in a view different programs on a few different monitors is very helpful. This better tells me if some characters need to be narrower, or wider, or any other problems it may exhibit.

Read more about it, and the other variants I’ve managed to complete so far here.

No comments:

Post a Comment