Wednesday 26 March 2014

I want a new razor

I shaved off my beard today. I’ve always been clean shaven, and I’ve only ever made two efforts to grow a beard. Just a weird sensation, and not sure I can get used to it. Then I get a wild hair up my butt and there it goes. Don’t think I’ve ever been able to get past the 2 month mark. One day I might persevere, but for now I think I will remain a shaver.

I’m embarrassed that I usually use some crappy disposables. There are a lot of things to say against them, and one of them is that on two occasions the razor has broken in my travel toiletry kit. The head has snapped off the handle. And at that point it’s pretty much unusable.

I’ve tried a few different ones over the years, but at the end of the day, they’re still plastic that clogs up landfills. And I’m not buying expensive 5 blade vibrating head razors.

I’ve looked around in antique stores on a few occasions without any luck for an old razor that I could use double sided razor blades in. Yes, those are also a disposable item, but much less so. The other thing I would really like is a head that screws off. Mainly for the sake of making it a little bit less bulky for packing.

I’ve thought of straight razors, since they fold up nicely and can be stropped with just the leather belt you have on. But straight razors make me a bit squidgy.

Looked around and found Standard Razors



Made in the USA of aluminum, and the reviews I read were all very favourable.

I think I will order one soonish and see for my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment