Friday 6 November 2015

Conical Supernumerary Tooth

I know. You’re probably saying to yourself, “Vree, what the unholy hell is that?!’

Well, let me tell you.

It is a conical supernumerary tooth. The medical condition is called Hyperdontia. When I was, not certain any more, 14, 15, I had an extra tooth grow out of the roof of my mouth, behind my normal teeth. I thought it was pretty damn cool. Made me fairly certain I was a vampire, because that sure as hell looks like one of my fangs coming in. My mom insisted I have it removed however. I hissed and spread my cape, but she wasn’t having any of it. Damnit!

All the dentists came to have a look at the freak with the fang. Then it was unceremoniously yanked out. They cracked it and chipped it a bit in doing so. I should have sued for dental malpractice. Damaging my priceless fang like that.

I drilled a hole in it, and made an ear ring out of it.

I know. You’re probably saying to yourself “Vree, you’re unholy, but I consider myself pretty lucky that I know a sideshow freak like you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment