Wednesday 12 May 2010

This man is my idol

I’ve known about, and been a huge fan of this site for a few years now. Swedish guy, Anders Jonsson, and I think he is what I strive to be. He lives up in rural Sweden, with his wife and kids and has a fantastic workshop. I don’t think there is anything this man can’t make. Kayaks, paddles, sleeping bags, packs, tents, stoves and just about any other sort of outdoor gadget one can imagine. And it’s always a very elegant and unique solution he comes up with. And the best part is that he shows you what he did and how he did it, often providing plans. This site never fails to inspire me. Recently a translator feature was added. It’s still a bit wonky, quite a few of the more technical terms don’t translate well at all, and in some parts you’re trying to decipher Swedlish. But it still helps. The pictures are usually fairly self explanatory, but some text to accompany it helps.


Mr. Jonsson, you are my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment