Sunday 25 December 2011

Bibliophilia: Anathem – Neal Stephenson

I was very intrigued by this, but ultimately had to put it down to return to at a later date. The book is set in a whole other world, and having to learn all the terms and such, when I’m already trying to fill my head with a pile of arcane knowledge was too much. It’s not a novel that you can just dive right into and breeze through. It requires you to learn the language, customs and cultures of an alternate universe. I’ll get back into this when I have a week or two without any other pressing mental challenges.

I had to make several attempts at the Baroque Cycle. I kept getting side tracked, brushing up on the history of people like Newton, Wren, Leibniz, and a host of other figures, as well as delving in to the subject of physics. so I could have a better understanding of what I was reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment